Friday, January 21, 2011

Thank you Owl

Hello folks, thank you for stopping by. My apologies for not posting more cards this week. I have a friend who's visiting from Las Vegas and I've been entertaining. Today's card was inspired by Angie from My Chic N' Scratch tri-fold card tutorial. I also purchased what I have to say is probably one of my favorite designer paper from My Mind's eye Fine and Dandy True blue collection.
I started with a SU! Chocolate chip for the base, followed Angie's tutorial for the score measurements. For the panels layered it with the basic colors provided by the paper kit. Then layered again with this very cute star pattern paper. For the centerpiece I used more of the chocolate chip and layered it again with another piece of the basic turquoise color used on the panels. then I used a different pattern piece with clouds.

When you purchase kits like this they sometimes offer extra items sold separately. Like chipboard stickers and theme colored brads. I purchased both but I could find a way to apply a brad into this card without over accessorizing. So I just used the cute little femine owl, the star and button tied with some twine. And last the sentiment is from SU! Short and sweet set and for the inside SU! Curvy Verses.
I hope you like, hope to hear from you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment