Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy Holidays

Hello folks, thanks for stopping by. Todays card will probably be my last for the time being. See, I'm flying out to Mexico with my mom to see my father and the house I was last in almost 25 years ago. I was 13 years old when my father purchased this house. It's located in a perfect spot.... 10 minutes from the ocean resorts, and 20 minutes from the city. The weather is just what the doctor ordered and I can't wait to get there.
It's too bad I'll only be there for two weeks, but I prefer spending christmas in the States. I'm cutting it close to the 25th, but I felt like this was as good a time as ever to go while I still have the chance. so I wanted to post a card to send my love to all for this season to my return on the 18th. This card took me a week to put it together, what with my on going battle with this horrid cough, and getting last minute items for my trip.
I gotta say that my favorite piece of the card is the sentiment part! I love layering and elevating with the same color card stock then and stamping images on the edges. And since I didn't have a lot of Christmas designer paper I improvised by using one of my discontinued Stampin' up wheels and used that for the belt of the card? And since there was other prints working on this cards, I just used solid colors for the rest of the pieces to not over-whelm the centerpiece.

And last I wanted to rep the colors used on the front of the card inside the car..lol I used the scalloped edges for each color which I thought makes an awesome 3D effect. And I kept it simple with the little sentiment in the middle. I hope you like and have a beautiful and awesome Christmas everyone... Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment